Elder Law

Arranging your affairs as you get older

We can assist you with a range of issues that may affect you as you get older to ensure you retain as much autonomy over your financial affairs as you want.


Want to downsize or move into a retirement village
You may simply want to downsize your property or you may wish to buy into a retirement village. We can assist with the sale of your existing property and guide you through the process of buying into a retirement village which usually entails entering into an occupation licence as opposed to owning the property outright.


Thinking of moving into a rest home
If you are thinking of moving into a rest home at some stage in the future, you may be eligible for a Residential Care Subsidy. We can advise you on your eligibility and how to arrange your finances and ownership of property to maximise any entitlements you may have.


Enduring Powers of Attorney
You can appoint someone to make decisions about your personal care and welfare and your property if you can’t. If you do not do this and you become mentally incapable then your family or others may apply to the Court to be allowed to make decisions for you.


We can advise you through the process of preparing enduring powers of attorney.


Update your will
It is advisable to update your will every few years or if your circumstances change in a way that affects your existing will – for example, your spouse dies.


Elder abuse
If you are a victim of elder abuse which may include being scammed out of money or having money stolen from you by a person holding a power of attorney or other access to your finances, we can help you.

For more detailed information on our legal services


Please contact Albany Legal


Email: [email protected] or

Phone 09 415 0000


Or complete the short form and we will be in touch.

Quick Contact

Get in Touch..

Contact Albany Legal today.